stripe me happy!


My beautiful Ethan below:
Hello my lovely readers, thank you for your patience, I have been on a hiatus and am ready to share some lovely photos that I have been collecting over my break. but firstly, my beautiful boy Ethan celebrated his sixth birthday.
Due to my past experiences with the weather not behaving as it should when I throw parties I decided to leave it in the hands on an indoor organised event - a pool party in a community swimming pool. My good friend Lena, reminded how how I am quite the party snob and 'frowned' upon mums who held it at venues such as McDonalds but I am now a convert! How easy is it to not have to worry about catering, seating, drinks, napkins, cutlery, glasses, picnic blankets, tomato sauce and the list goes on and on. The night before the party I went to bed at a decent hour and felt very relaxed the morning of, it was a strange not having the stress of remembering to bring half my house with me! The great thing with this venue was the entertainment, two lifeguards were dedicated to the party {and they were lovely!} they set up an inflatable slippery slide in which they tossed and turned so the kids could fall off {Total Wipeout style}, then a swim in the 'wave' pool {simulated waves as if from a beach} and then played pool games and races with them in the water. The food was good ole hot chips and meat pies -the kind of food you feel like after a swim! I am now a huge fan and will now be finding more venues like this for my children's parties.
I have been wanting to play with a yellow and navy colour scheme for a while as it isn't usually colours a boy would pick and had a laugh when I realised these are the colours of their school uniform! I love how the yellow striped wallpaper {available from my shoppe} adds that hint of summer and freshness while the navy adds the masculinity it needed for a sixth birthday.
Hello Naomi {as per usual} created the most amazing baked goodies - Ethan had his cake for breakfast! Her signature cookie lollipops are always a hit! If you want a similar table for your next party Scissors Paper Cake can create something to suit your budget and event.
Thanks to Amy Atlas for the feature and her kind words!

9 comments:

Alba Linea said...

this looks all so great and im shure the party was great too. warm wishes and a sunny day! di
;0)

Mrs A in the Cove said...

Hi Nathalie - welcome back. The party looks just fabulous - how lovely to be able to outsource and still have a dessert table that looked amazing - well done. I have my daughter's 5th birthday party next weekend and while the theme is different my backdrop is looking very similar - go the yellow stripes!!! Love it. Leanne xx PS Congrats on the Amy Atlas feature.

Nicole Williams said...

Love your work! =)

Nicole Williams said...

Pretty!

Laura said...

The stripes are darling! Looks like the perfect party.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! I glad you are posting again.

aroundmytable said...

Nice colour scheme, all so well put together plus the adorable stripes!

Alysha said...

Where is this indoor pool at? good idea for kids party
Well done I love Ethan's excited smile as your cutting his cake.

Daisy said...

wow what a gorgeous party ! definately gonna get this invites from you for my son's next party ! What size cake stand did you use for the cake is it a large or extra large? daisykelvin@gmail.com